2013 Bomber Rules
** Addendum 3-11-2013 **
In effort to bridge the rules between 441 & Cochran Speedways effective 3-11-13, the Eagle and Scat Balanced crank and S.I.R. rod assembly(check numbers in rulebook), Speedway custom cast iron Ram Horn exhaust manifold, and screw in studs and guide plates will be legal WITHOUT weight adds. Aftermarket shifters for both Automatic and Standard transmissions to include B&M and Hurst competition plus will also be allowed. Scraper oil pan "NOT ALLOWED". Single kickout race pans with windage tray and trap doors OK.
Cylinder Heads - 3/21/13
Max. Intake valve 1.94" intake runner 165cc
Max. exhaust valve 1.50" exhaust runner 65cc
2.02 or 1.60 valves are "NOT" allowed in any head in bomber class.
70cc open chamber ONLY. "NO" High Output heads.
------------------------2013 Racing Season Rule Changes------------------------
50 lb. weight break for use of safety seat: Full containment seat or Hans Device (any type)
TIRES: ONLY tires allowed Hoosier H 500 (8.0/26.5-15 and 8.0/27.0-15 or 8.0/27.5.15)
- NO weight add: Stock Trans & Flywheel – Flywheel 15 lbs. Min. Stock type clutch & pressure plate must weigh 16 lbs. Spring clutch or solid disc ok. No Aluminum parts.
- ONLY “cam” in block engines allowed. Car must meet all other rules for class. 50 lbs. add to total weight and must be mounted in front of engine. Adjustments may be needed to equal field.
ANYTHING NOT SPECIFIED IN THE RULES MUST BE STOCK.
- All equipment must be in original position from original manufacturer.
- Total weight with driver 3600 lbs.
- No 400 small block
- No Big Blocks
- American made 2 or 4 door sedan or station wagon with a minimum wheelbase of 108 inches.
- May run Metric Monte Carlo, Cutlass Supreme or Grand Prix.
- No GT type of cars (Camaro, Firebird, Mustang).
- Engine must be strictly stock for that make and model. No high output engines. Engine allowed .060 for bore. GM in GM, Ford in Ford.
- Cast factory pistons only. Hypereutectic stock replacement allowed.
- No fly cutting pistons, no racing rings.
- Piston in hole minimum .020 (piston head to block deck).
- Stock rods.
- Engine must sit in stock location. NO tolerance. (weight penalty will apply. SEE SUPER STREET SECTION for description.)
- Press wrist pins only. After-market bolts OK
- Crankshaft: Cast only 52 lbs. minimum, no balancing.
- Eagle # 103503480 cast 2 pc. Rear Seal - Scat # 9-10442 2 pc. seal. OK
- Eagle # 103523480 cast 1 pc. Rear Seal - Scat # 9-10526 1 pc. seal. OK
- Stock valve covers or after market covers with breathers.
- Stock oil pan or kick out, oval track pan limited to, simple windage pan. No scrappers/multiple tray pans.
- Exhaust pipes no longer than 24 inches from exhaust manifold.
- All mufflers and pipe must be removed.
- Stock type distributor. May add external rev. limiter. Cannot be mounted in reach of driver
- May remove alternator.
- May run after market pulleys to accommodate belt fit.
- Open chamber only 70 cc Min.
- Stainless valves OK. Max. .010 Stem. No hollow stem.
- Valve spring 90 lbs. maximum (stock diameter and design only)
- No aftermarket retainers. (stock steel replacement OK)
- May have 3 angle valve job.
- No bowl cutting of any kind. No modification to combustion chamber.
- Stock appearing screw in rocker studs or pinned studs OK .
- Stock type rocker arms only, long slot OK. 1.5 only. No rollers
- Polly locks OK no guide plates. No stud girdles.
- No angle milling of heads.
CAM AND LIFTERS:
- Stock style timing chain and gears. Single roll or double roll timing chain ok. No button / No shim.
- Camshaft: lift: intake .390, exhaust .410 Hyd. – “0” Lash. No centerline rule
- Stock balancer / SFI approved stock type preferred.
- Stock replacement lifters only. Must have stock horse shoe wire ring clip. Valve adjustment must be preloaded.
- Stock push rods only.
Camshaft specs for Ford:
- Lift: Intake .416, Exhaust .416 Hyd. – “0” Lash
- Stock make and model. Choke parts may be removed. 1850 OK – Completely Stock
- One -1 inch Carburetor spacer & 2 gaskets, Max. total 1.35”
- May use fuel regulator.
- Fuel injection OK if OEM from factory. Engine must meet all other rules.
- Stock manifolds only for make and model. No modifications. No high rise or Bowtie.
- NO HEADERS. Stock non-high-performance cast iron only.
Must match transmission used for year and model. No POWERGLIDES or racing style transmission, both standard & automatic. Stock diameter full working torque converters. No light weight or direct drive.
- Stock rear end for make of car only. NO LOCKED REAR ENDS, POSI LOCKS, or LIMITED SLIP. No welded gears. No modifications of any kind. Open rear only.
- Stock suspension for make of car.
- NO “four wheel” independent suspensions.
- No jack bolts or spring buckets allowed.
- No heavy duty springs allowed. STOCK OEM ONLY.
- No modifications of any kind (heating, cutting, spacers, jacks etc.)
- Stock frame height must be maintained:
- Control arm bushings and sway bar bushings, may be aftermarket polyurethane
- Stock mounted sway bars and stock sway bar, may mount in polyurethane.
- All doors must be welded shut.
- All materials that would burn must be removed.
- All glass must be removed. * INCLUDING REAR VIEW MIRRORS.*
- Stock seat and head rest OK. Racing seat recommended.
- Seat must be bolted with a minimum of 6- 3/8 in. bolts to bars that are welded to roll cage.
- Must have 3 point quick release type racing seat belt and shoulder harnesses 3 inches wide, or belts recommended for Hans style devices, must be bolted to roll cage with minimum 3/8 inch bolts.
- 6 point roll cage required and must be welded to frame rails and all connections must be fully welded.
- All cages must be a minimum diameter of 1 ½ inches and minimum .090 wall thickness.
- A minimum of 3 horizontal bars is required in the driver door and a minimum of 2 in passenger door.
- Roll bar installation and workmanship must be approved.
- Additional bars may be added for driver protection only, must not alter stock flexibility of frame.
- Stock unaltered floor pan, firewalls, trunk, and trunk floor must be retained.
- No hulling permitted except front doors for roll cage.
- Dashboard may be replaced with sheet metal.
- All holes in floorboard and firewalls must be covered with sheet metal.
- Complete bumper to bumper unibody must be retained.
- Unibody MAY NOT be tied together.
- Stock bumpers or approved fabricated, bumper covers and grill may be aftermarket, should be stock appearing. NO sharp edges or tire cutters.
- No bump bars of any kind.
- May have radiator protection bar, cannot extend past front bumper.
- Must have wrecker pick up points front and rear.
- May run fuel tank safety bar at rear, cannot extend past bumper.
- Body parts may be fabricated from sheet metal but must retain as close as possible stock appearance.
- Tires: ONLY TIRE ALLOWED Hoosier H500 (8.0/26.5-15 & 8.0/27.0-15 or 8.0/27.5.15)
- Steel wheels only, maximum 8 inch wide, maybe aftermarket steel.
- Any offset wheel at any location. Over sized studs & nuts recommended.
- MUST run bead lock or new safety bead wheel RIGHT SIDE. Left side optional.
- Fuel tank may be moved inside of trunk. Trunk floor must stay in tack. (Except for hole for fuel cell if used).
- Fuel cell highly recommended. Must be in metal can.
- Tanks must be securely mounted.
- Fuel line run through car must be in conduit or protective cover. Braded line OK.
- Approved fire extinguisher,2 lb.WITH GAUGE required and must be securely installed in reach of driver. Must not be taped to bars.
- Battery should be located under hood or in trunk.
- ONLY jell cell battery in containment box, securely attached to frame or roll cage allowed in driver compartment.
- Helmets and complete fire suit must be worn any time car is on track.
- Racing steering wheel with quick release permitted.
- Clutch type fans must be removed and replaced with straight blade fan for safety.
- Seats belts must have date code and be no older than 5 years.
- Window net required and must be in use any time car is on track.
- All race cars must by state law have a 10 lb. fire extinguisher with each car.
- All weights must be painted WHITE and have car number on them.
- All drive shafts must be steel and be painted White with car number on them.
- BOMBER CLASS open to any driver of legal age.