2013 Super Street Rules
New Rule Amendments that are now in effect:
------------------------2013 Racing Season Rule Changes-------------------------------
50 lb. weight break for use of safety seat: Full containment seat or Hans Device (any style)
- Tires: Only tire allowed Hoosier H 500 (8.0/26.5-15 or 8.0/27.0-15 or 8.0/27.5.15)
- 10” steel wheels no add.
- Crate 602 may run triple disc-“10 Lb. MIN”.
- New body rules see attached section
- Shock claiming rule in place for 2013 ( See protest in General rules)
- 2x2 or 2x3 rear jigged chassis legal. NO round tube. MUST have stock front clip. No late model chassis. Wheel base must match chassis used. CANNOT mix chassis.
Sportsman Chassis: Must meet super street rules (2012)
- 107" wheel base min.
- No quick change - 9" Ford OK
- Leaf spring rear - No bar systems
- No wide 5 hubs or spindles - adapters ok
- Screw jacks ok
- Outboard shocks ok
- May run one 90/10 shock - upper rear
- Full Steel Firewall - fender to fender - May be fabricated
- Full Steel floorboard under driver past rear of seat
- Body must be broke on sides - No flat sides - No late model tops
- Body should have stock car appearance
- IROC nose OK - No late model nose
- No direct drive trans - 3 or 4 speed ok - no Super T-10 plus 2
- Super street rules apply on all other parts
- Any American made 1960 or newer production sedan or sport coupe.
- Must have steel firewall and floorboard to rear of driver’s seat.
- Car may have drivers compartment boxed
- Rear of driver may be opened
- Bodies may be cut for tire clearance.
- Bodies may be hulled. Removal of dash permitted.
- Uni-bodies may be tied together.
- No sharp edges.
- Aftermarket nose and rear cover permitted. Must be stock appearing. New 5 star IROC nose OK. No late model style sloping noses.(100 lb. penalty of which 50 lbs. must be mounted in front of engine.)
- Must have at least 4 windshield bars in front of driver.
- Must have tow hooks on front and rear.
- After market steel bodies OK. Aluminum after market bodies OK. Must be stock appearing. No flat sides no flat roofs.
- Rear of car may be open but must remain stock appearing
- Rear spoiler 6” Max. (see body rules for full detail)
- ALL bodies must be dirt track style stock appearing. No asphalt bodies.
- NO MIRRORS. NO RADIOS
TOP: Stock or aftermarket stock replacement to include front post and sail panels. Aftermarket must be arched, cannot be flat. Min. 48”x 48” NO FLAT TOPS. Sails must match side to side, must be flat and have no arch and taper inward at top, max.width at bottom 31”. CANNOT have late model look. Top and sails should have stock appearance. See attachment for top specs. E,H,J
Nose: IROC ok-must not be angled any more than true nose design. MUST NOT look like MD3 or late model. Center of front hub to most forward point 45” max. See attachment for nose specs. A,B
Sides: Should round out from top to middle and back in at bottom. Break must be at least 14” from bottom. NO FLAT sides. Must be stock appearing 72” max width across top & bottom. Max.door height 28”. Side window opening MIN.13”. See attachment, C,D
Rear quarters: Should have same break as sides and angle upward to rear bumper. Break at least 12” from bottom. Rear of fender should be no lower than bottom of bumper. No full height quarters. Front of Quarter 26” max. rear 22” Max. MUST NOT look late model. Quarters must match side to side. Center of rear axle hub to bottom of spoiler 50”. See attachment F,G,
Rear: Can be open but must blend with rear quarters and have stock look. Max width 70”
Spoiler: Max. Width 70”, max. height 6”. 3 Side boards allowed, max height 6”, and Max. Length 18” from bottom of spoiler to front edge. See attachment. I,& guide for all specs.
- Minimum 108” wheelbase plus or minus 1”
- CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION MUST Remain completely factory stock. No cross breeding of chassis. Rear clip suspension mounting must be in stock location, may reinforce rail with tubing to rear bumper both thru and under frame.
- May relocate top A-frames. Top A-frames may be tube. Cannot run adjustable arms. Control arms cannot be swapped from division to division.(Ford to Chevy etc.)
- May run heims and swedged tube tie rods. Stock type aftermarket center link ok
- Changing of springs OK. Coil for Coil, Leaf for Leaf.
- May run adjustable screw buckets, rear shackles and lowering blocks
- Sliders can replace shackles at rear of leaf only, No sliders on axle mount. Chrysler springs NOT allowed. Stock camaro spring dimensions will be checked. Damper shock legal on top of rear. (90/10 shock)
- Sway bars and lowering blocks optional.
- Any shock, any location EXCEPT: NO coil over shocks. No remote adjust shocks. NO canister shocks. One shock per wheel.
- There is a $150.00 per shock claiming rule in place for 2013. (see protest in General rules.)
- Coil spring cars may run jack bolts in rear.
- Offset chassis. Weight penalty 50 lbs.. Must be mounted on right side of car in line with driver.
- Rear leafs cannot splay more than 2” from factory specs. (4” max.) Leaf spring rears only no bar systems.
- Drive shaft must be steel or aluminium only.
- Must have factory stock block for make and model. NO aftermarket blocks.
- No Big Blocks. No 400’s.
- Engine must sit in stock location. (½” tolerance) 50 Lbs. per full inch, engine is set back, mounted in front of engine. 1” = 50 lbs., 2” = 100 lbs., Max. 2” allowed. This is an inclusion weight, not over car weight. (over any weight already on front of car.)
- High Performance engine parts limited to items listed in each component section.
- NO porting, polishing, acid dipping, extrusion of any parts.
- Hydraulic cam and lifters only.
- NO 4/7 cross fire cams.
- Anti-pump-up lifters OK. .000” valve lash. NO oversize lifters.
- Headers allowed.
- Any flat-top piston. Dish pistons ok.
- Max. Bore 4.060” plus reasonable allowance for wear.
- OEM 5.7 rods with 3/8 rod bolts or sir eagle stock replacement rods. Pins may be floated. Polishing of beams ok. May run scat with 3/8 bolt or cap screw.
- Steel crank must weigh 49 lbs.
- Cast crank must weigh 49 lbs.
- Must be stock stroke, plus or minus .005, no tolerance.
- NO knife edging. Balancing ok.
- May run eagle or scat. Must be run as produced from factory. Counter weights must not be windage cut when balancing, angles cannot be altered in any way.
- All cranks will be weighed with pilot bushing, gear, bolt & washer.
- Must run SFI approved balancer. (Safety)
- True roller timing chain & gears OK. NO gear drives or belt drives.
- No dry sumps.
- Stock Quadrajet or old-style Holley cast iron.
- NO porting or polishing.
- Aluminum intake : THESE ARE THE ONLY LEGAL NUMBERS!!
Chevy # SUM226014
- NO vortec, bow-tie, or angle-plug.
- Angle-Mill heads OK
- May use 300 hp 461, (461X NOT LEGAL) 462 or any stock production head. 492 with 1.94 and 1.50 valves and 165cc intake runner and 65cc exhaust runner only 492 legal.
- Valve size 1.94 and 1.50. No Titanium valves or parts. Three-angle valve job OK.
- NO race flow valves, Max. Valve stem step down .010
- Stock type valve springs. NO double springs. No beehive springs Steel only. Screw-in studs and guide plates OK. Stud girdles OK.
- NO roller rockers. 1.5 roller tip OK.
- May use World product SR Torque head with 2.02 and 1.60 valves, must be 60cc’s.
- World product part # 4361 heads. NO cc rule with 1.94 & 1.50 valves.
RHS Head # 12402 60 CC Min. Must meet manufacture specs.
Engine Quest head # CH-350-I will supersede RHS heads, which has stopped production. Manufacture specs. on intake & exhaust runners. No CC rule on combustion chamber. Other head rules will apply.
4 barrel head 2.190 intake 1.710 exhaust
Intake Part# EDL 2265
Cast iron heads only. 302,351C and 351W
World product Winsor Jr.180- 1.94 intake 1.60 exhaust, NO cc rule.
- World product Sr 200 must be 60 cc.
(GT 40 , GT40P 1.94 intake 1.60 exhaust No cc rule) Stock rods and crank. Stock crank must weigh 49lbs. May run scat 4351W3500600 crank. Must weigh 53 lbs. May run scat rods SCR6A. Any flat top forged piston. Any I beam rod not to exceed Stock rod length.
- Must have straight stem valves. NO pro-flow or race flow or undercut valve stems. .010” max stem. No cut marks lower than one (1) inch below seat. Intake and exhaust runners must maintain stock cc for head.
- Quadrajet, 4412 two-barrel, 1850 or 3310 Holley. NO porting or polishing. May remove choke butterfly. Metering block may be added to rear of 1850 and 3310.Dual feed bowls may be added to 1850. Must have stock air horn. Base plates must meet stock Holley specs. 3310 must have Stock 172 or stainless with same thickness butterfly with uncut brass screws. Carb. adapter 1 inch maximum. Maximum carb. spacer 1 inch. CANNOT run both adapter and spacer. Max.1.35 inch for spacer and two gaskets. NO HP series carbs. on 441 engines. Carbs MUST pass GO-NO-GO gauge test. Minor infractions may be adjusted by weight penalty.
- Crate 602 engine may run any 4 barrel carb. ONLY. One (1) inch spacer allowed on this engine. Two gaskets max. 0.070 inch thick. Weight penalty may be imposed for minor infractions.
- OEM or single point distributor. Stock type H.E.I. OK. (MSD,DUI, etc.) NO MSD box. NO cross fire caps. Rev. limiter boxes CANNOT be mounted in reach of driver.
- Any steel flywheel, must weigh 14 lbs. Stock-type clutch assembly minimum 10” no lightweight. No aluminum parts. Clutch & pressure plate must weigh 16 lbs. Solid disc or spring disc ok. ONLY Crate 602 may run Triple Disc MIN.WEIGHT 10 LBS.
- Any OEM factory brakes or single piston OEM replacement. All cars must have 4-wheel brakes. NO shut-offs.
May run Neal brake balancer. Rear disc OK.
- Stock type. No aftermarket. Lighten gears permitted. Must have working forward and reverse. Gears must be in stock location.(NO Richmond Super T-10 Plus 2-speed)
- Changing of rearends, gears, ratios and locking OK. No quick-change or aluminum carriers. Floater OK.
- No wide 5 hubs. Steel wide 5 adapters & wheels OK
WHEELS AND TIRES:
- 8” steel wheels with Hoosier H 500 (8.0/26.5-15 or 8.0/27.0-15 or 8.0/27.5.15) ONLY tire allowed.10” Steel wheel OK no weight add. Bead Lock OK any location, mandatory on right side.
FUEL CELL & FUEL
- Fuel cell should be centered side to side in trunk.
- Fuel Cell Mandatory. Racing gas permitted. NO alcohol. No additives. Fuel may be tested at track discretion.
- 3200 lbs. with driver with 441 speedway engine
- 3000 lbs. with driver and 602 crate engine
- All cars and drivers must pass safety regulations. Must have track approved fully charged 2 lb. fire extinguisher with gauge, securely installed, NOT taped to bars or interior and in reach of driver . Must have full driving suit to participate in any event at 441 speedway. Must be worn any time car is on track.
Roll cage must be a minimum diameter of 1 ½” roll bar tube. A minimum of 3 horizontal bars are required in driver’s door and minimum of 2 horizontal bars are required in the passenger’s door.
- Must have 3-point quick release type seat belt and shoulder harness at least 3” wide. Must have date code no older than 5 years.
- Must have window net and must be used when on track
- Must have racing style seat.
- Weights must be painted WHITE with car number on each
- Drive shafts must be painted White.
- By state law each race car must have a 10 lb. fire extinguisher with gauge with each car.
- Valve covers, oil pan, windage tray, stud girdles, push rods, poly-locks, pulleys, water pumps.
GM part #88958602
Ford part #soon to follow
Dodge# soon to follow
If any seals have been removed or tampered with or engine is subject to question, then engine will be subjected to inspection as per 441 rules. Any car using this engine will get a 200 lb weight break. One (1) inch spacer allowed.
****Any violations of these rules may be assessed a penalty at tech man’s discretion****
A-Nose length: 45”
From center of front hub to farthest point on nose
B-Point where nose rake can begin: 6” From center of front hub to break start point
C-Side window opening-minimum: 13”
D-Door width-maximum: 28”
Break must be at least 14” from bottom of door, Must be clearly visible
Bottom of doors must taper inward, 72” max width
E-Sail panel width-maximum-at bottom: 31
Sail panels must match side to side and taper inward at top, No arch in sails, must be flat.
F-Rear length: 50”
From center of rear hub to base of spoiler
G-Quarter panels 26” max. in front, 22” max. in rear
Quarter must taper upward 4” min. front to rear
Quarters must have a break at least 12” from bottom behind tire
H-Maximum body width in center section: 72”
I-Maximum width at rear spoiler: 70”
J-Minimum roof width: 48”
Roof must arch front to back
**Rear spoiler dimensions: 6” x 70” Maximum
**Side spoiler dimensions: 6” x 18” Maximum
Max. 3 side spoilers, must match see diagram below.
**Quarter panels must match side to side
**Side of car must not rise from cowl to spoiler, deck may
drop down in center area not to exceed 2.5” of drop, max. of 2.5” high windshield/deflector.
**Fender flares must tuck into fender and have no risers, be no wider than outside of front tires with tires straight forward.
**No altering of nose pieces across top, must be original
**Top of rear quarters and deck must be same height, no dropping deck below quarters at spoiler.
**Fenders cannot arch upward from cowl forward